Date - July 23, 2023
Time - 10:00 am - 1:00pm
Location - Hyatt Lake in Arvada.
We are combining this with our Summer Picnic!
(Scroll to bottom of page to register)
- The basic elements of fly casting: grip, stance, and body alignment
- The mechanics of the casting stroke: back cast and forward cast
- The different types of fly casts: roll cast, mending, double haul, etc.
- Tips for improving accuracy and distance
- Common mistakes to avoid
Fly Line set up and rigging -
- The basics of knot tying: selecting the appropriate knot for a given task, how to tie a knot correctly, and how to test the strength of a knot
- Common knots used in fishing, such as the improved clinch knot, perfection loop knot, and many others
- Tips for tying knots quickly and efficiently
- Techniques for attaching flies and rigging quickly
Overall, a fly fishing rigging clinic is a great way for beginners to learn the basics of fly fishing, as well as for experienced anglers to improve their skills and techniques.
The class will be from 10am-1pm